[wplug] Python code development

Mike Sussman mmsussman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 13:17:44 EST 2013

I want to thank each of you who has responded to my request for a "way" to
do development of python code.  I have been running down the various
suggestions and I like some of them very much.

Bruce Adams: yes, reload works.  Somehow I passed that one by when I was
reading the manual.  Thanks.

Mattew Zwyer: The ipython notebook is really great!  It is a work-alike for
Mathematica notebooks, and I am familiar with them, and I like it.

Pat Barron: Eclipse is too heavyweight for me.  I will look at PyDev.

Rod Person: I have started looking at Spyder.

Oh, yes, I looked at IDLE, too.  Ugly as it is, it has the basics.

Thanks again, all.

--
Mike Sussman