[wplug] [wplug-announce] Meeting minutes + new member service (DDNS)

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed May 22 23:03:28 EDT 2013

Justin Smith <justin at js-wordsmith.com> wrote:
> Among other highlights, the WPLUG Board has accepted Vance Kochenderfer?s
> idea to run our own DDNS (dynamic DNS) service for WPLUG members.

Just to avoid giving anyone the wrong notion, this is still firmly
in the "idea" phase; implementation will take some time.

I was picturing a web interface, plus an API so DNS updates can be
done programmatically.

I'd like to hear suggestions about the API - the Dyn DNS API is
quite mature and is apparently well supported on the client side
by software and consumer routers
<http://dyn.com/support/developers/api/>.  A simple curl command
line is enough to generate an update.  Please chime in if you know
of something that looks better.

Unlike Dyn, I plan to support IPv6 AAAA records.  This requires no
changes to the API.