[wplug] rsync question

Larry Daberko larry at daberko.com
Sat May 4 19:08:30 EDT 2013

Hello,

While I'm not familiar with the -C option, I usually write my rsync
commands this way:
   rsync <options> source destination

as such:

   rsync -avP -e ssh /home/mpop/gdrive mpop at xxx.xxx.net:/home/mpop/

To reverse that and download to the laptop

   rsync -avP -e ssh mpop at xxx.xxx.net:/home/mpop/gdrive /home/mpop/

But doing revisions on both ends tends to be confusing and you could
overwrite your changes if you forget.  I recommend dropbox or something
similar to sync files between both systems and doing a backup from
either system to somewhere else.

-Larry