[wplug] mobile broadband on Linux laptop

Kevin Dunn supkdunn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:33:25 EST 2013

I use a verizon sim in a thinkpad. Yes, the sim needs to be activated via
att to work. It is just like a sim
in a mobile phone . It will get assigned a phone number and tack on more
money to your bill.
The verizon one is setup under network manager as a mobile broadband device
. ATT will work the same way. I currently run Red Hat or Ubuntu, I just
used the default settings under the network manager setup . Has option to
select your carrier under the setup

Kevin