[wplug] mobile broadband on Linux laptop

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Thu Mar 7 09:53:41 EST 2013

I got a new laptop with a mobile broadband modem and AT&T SIM card.
I've never used a device (other than a phone) with mobile broadband before.

What is needed required to get this to work?  Right now,
NetworkManager sees the modem and offers to set up a connection, but
it always fails.

Do I have to interact with AT&T in some way to enable the service, or
link it somehow to my existing AT&T account for my phone?

This chip (Ericsson H5321 gw) apparently also has a GPS receiver; any
suggestions on how to make use of that?

I completely replaced the Windows installation on this machine with
Linux, so if there were any Windows setup utilities I was supposed to use,
it's too late for that.