[wplug] Ubuntu developer summit

Justin at js-wordsmith.com Justin at js-wordsmith.com
Tue Mar 5 10:57:43 EST 2013

If you haven't been following recent developments, Ubuntu announced last
week that they're going to turn the Ubuntu Developer Summit into an
online-only event that is held via Google+ Hangouts every 3 months. It's
already gotten underway! You can follow along at http://www.ubuntuonair.com
(http://www.ubuntuonair.com).

I'm glad Canonical recognizes the potential for using G+ Hangouts to bring
people together. Cost-cutting was probably a significant motivation, as it
was for their decision to start including Amazon search results in the
Dash, but I think the improved accessibility more than makes up for it.
This is the way forward.

And meeting with people in-person? Well, I'm perfectly content to hang out
with you guys at WPLUG events :)

Justin Smith
Vice chair/secretary, WPLUG Board of Directors
http://www.js-wordsmith.com