[wplug] Hacks and Hackers

Elwin Green elwin15208 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 18:45:01 EST 2013

Hi,

Long-time, long-absent WPLUG'er here. I am writing to introduce you to
Hacks and Hackers. Who are they? Their website
says<http://hackshackers.com/about/>
:

"Hacks/Hackers is a rapidly expanding international grassroots journalism
organization with dozens of chapters (and counting) and thousands of
members across four continents (and counting). Our mission is to create a
network of journalists (“hacks”) and technologists (“hackers”) who rethink
the future of news and information."

As a hack (former reporter for the Post-Gazette, now running my own
community news website) with a strong interest in hackery, and especially
the possibilities of hacking journalism, I would like join with a hacker or
two to start a Hacks/Hackers chapter in Pittsburgh.

If interested, please drop me a line. Thanks!

Elwin Green
Publisher, Homewood Nation <http://www.homewoodnation.com/>
Twitter: @homewoodnation
Facebook: Homewood Nation <http://www.facebook.com/homewoodnation>