[wplug] DLNA transcoding

Justin Smith justin at js-wordsmith.com
Thu Jun 27 21:03:37 EDT 2013

I’ve got some H264 Hi10p (10-bit) videos stored on my server. I also have a
Raspberry Pi (running XBMC) that I like to stream videos to via DLNA, but
the Pi can’t handle Hi10p decoding; it only has hardware acceleration for
the standard H264 8-bit profile.

Is there a DLNA server that can transcode H264 Hi10p to 8-bit? I know it’s
possible to transcode frmo one file format to another, but I haven’t been
able to find a definitive answer on video profiles.

If not, I guess I’ll just re-encode everything.

--
*Justin S. Smith*
Vice chair/secretary, WPLUG Board of Directors

/"Isn't it ironic that the proprietary software developers call us
communists? We are the ones who have provided for a free market, where
they allow only monopoly."/
-Richard Stallman

--------
[1] http://www.wplug.org