[wplug] Linux Certifications

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sat Jun 15 21:38:51 EDT 2013

In addition to certification tests, there is formal training
available on Friday at the Ohio LinuxFest.  The details are still
being worked on, but there will be a Linux Basics class and the
Ohio LinuxFest Institute (OLFI) which will offer more advanced
classes on various subjects.  (I think configuration management
ala Puppet will be one of the topics.)

The new user track and career track were both popular last year,
and will return on Saturday for this year.  As always, advance
registration to attend the Saturday talks will be zero cost.  The
Friday classes and Sunday certification exams do have a charge,
but it is well below what you could expect to pay elsewhere.

It will probably be another six weeks until the lineup is decided
on and posted, but keep an eye on <http://www.ohiolinux.org/> for
updates.

If someone out there would like to *give* a talk, submit your
proposal at <https://ohiolinux.org/cfp> before July 8.  If you are
an experienced trainer who wants to present a class for OLFI,
contact <team at ohiolinux.org>.

Here are some links to last year's content to give you an idea of
what to expect.  Names and titles are linked to a short blurb
about the speaker and subject.
OLFI: <http://web.archive.org/web/20121018233427/http://www.ohiolinux.org/olfi>
Fri. talks: <http://web.archive.org/web/20121018233415/http://www.ohiolinux.org/friday>
Sat. talks: <http://web.archive.org/web/20121018233338/http://www.ohiolinux.org/saturday>

Audio recordings of most talks from last year can be found at
<http://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Ohio+LinuxFest+2012%22>.