[wplug] Open Source Picnic: construction update

Justin Smith justin at js-wordsmith.com
Thu Jul 25 22:54:57 EDT 2013

In my initial announcement for OSP 2013, I mentioned that those of you
who come to North Park via Pearce Mill Road would need to take a detour
since the road is closed for construction. Well, I’m afraid the detour just
got a lot worse: on my way out this morning, I found out that they’ve
closed off the entire intersection.

To take their “detour,” you have to turn around, head up 19 North toward
Cranberry, and turn right near the Exxon station. Frankly, I don’t think it’s
worth the trouble. I strongly recommend finding an alternate route.

And while I’m talking about the picnic, like to clarify something I said in the
initial announcement. I’m sure that those of you who’ve been with WPLUG
for years already know this, but just so we’re clear, the Open Source Picnic
isn’t /entirely/ participation-based. The WPLUG Board of Directors will
provide all the staples: burgers, hot dogs, soda, and so on. There will be
plenty of free food whether people bring more or not.

--
*Justin S. Smith*
Vice chair/secretary, WPLUG Board of Directors

/"Isn't it ironic that the proprietary software developers call us
communists? We are the ones who have provided for a free market, where
they allow only monopoly."/
-Richard Stallman

--------
[1] http://www.wplug.org