[wplug] google phone query

Matthew Hughes huesm at aol.com
Tue Jul 23 23:51:02 EDT 2013

I would second on Ptel as I have it for my gsm AT&T Motorola Atrix 2.
$40/month for unlimited talk/text, 250mb at 4g and then unlimited edge.
Where I live in greenfield it is edge but Sq.Hill and Shadyside are 4g and
iirc downtown is too. if you google MVNO you will find several lists of
them but you will need tmo or at&t as they are GSM and sprint/verison are
CDMA, as is Solvie.
tmo was having a sale on sim cards 99 cents and ptel had free phone and sim
if you buy a month of service on the website.(still there).www.ptel.com

I read slickdeals.net a lot and if you don't talk a lot the $30 tmo plan is
the cheapest out there.

My guess is it will not be hard to open the phone.
registering the sim was not difficult and if they want you to pay some
activation walk away.
also howard forums will have something to say.