[wplug] [wplug-announce] July GUM: new speaker from Wikimedia!

Justin Smith justin at js-wordsmith.com
Wed Jul 10 15:23:36 EDT 2013

There’s been a slight change in plans for the WPLUG meeting this
weekend. Johnny from Computereach can no longer attend, so we’ve
tentatively scheduled Sage Ross to speak in his place.

Some of you may recognize Sage from days gone by. He’s a free software
enthusiast who works with the Wikimedia Foundation, the non-profit
organization that operates free information resources like Wikipedia,
Wiktionary, and Wikiquote.

We’ve invited Sage to talk about the development of Mediawiki, the GPL-
licensed wiki platform that all of Wikimedia’s online projects use, as well as
his experiences in working with wiki contributors.

The GUM will still take place at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 13th at IBM
Pittsburgh. See the wiki page[1] for complete information.

--
*Justin S. Smith*
Vice chair/secretary, WPLUG Board of Directors

/"Isn't it ironic that the proprietary software developers call us
communists? We are the ones who have provided for a free market, where
they allow only monopoly."/
-Richard Stallman

--------
[1] http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20130713