[wplug] The great big list of ideas

Terence J. Golightly terencejgolightly at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 12:37:54 EST 2013

On 01/19/2013 09:40 AM, Stanley C Slomberg wrote:
> I have LInux Mint 11 and Lubuntu 12.04.  I want to view .mp4 files and do not know how to see them.  I am a novice and need step by step advice to install a converter or such to view them.   The easier for me, the better I will be able to understand.
> ThanksStanley Slomberg412-361-7826

Hi Stanley,

Have you tried google? It can be your friend:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/126030/totem-not-playing-certain-videos-in-12-04

the above link describes a users' problem with totem. VlC is another
player. What media player are you using?  follow the advice in the link
for installing ubuntu-restricted-extras.

$sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras

try the above.  Post back with your results.

Regards,

Terry Golightly

terencejgolightly at gmail.com