[wplug] Best programming language for beginner?

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Mon Feb 25 14:19:44 EST 2013

On 02/21/2013 3:29 PM, Drew from Zhrodague wrote:
> What do Arduinos use for programming languages?

This was asked before, but I don't think anyone posted the answer...

The "official" Arduino SDK uses a proprietary programming language that
is based on C/C++ (from what I can tell, the differences are not very
large).  If you're comfortable with C++ programming, you should be OK
working with the Arduino SDK.

I don't know what unofficial development environments there might be.
The Arduino uses an Atmel AVR processor, so in theory any development
environment that can target that environment should be usable, right?

--Pat.