[wplug] Best programming language for beginner?

Bryon Gill bgtrio at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 13:52:46 EST 2013

I think Python is excellent for your purposes, it's an intuitive language (often referred to as "executable pseudocode"), it's used in the real world in lots of projects, and the concepts you learn using it can be applied to whatever language you like. When you learn one language well, you learn that they're all largely the same, though suited better to some tasks than others.

It's been a long time now but I liked the O'Reilly "Learning Python" book when I was first approaching it, there are any number of free online tutorials too.