[wplug] Best programming language for beginner?

Justin at js-wordsmith.com Justin at js-wordsmith.com
Thu Feb 21 11:36:50 EST 2013

I consider myself very knowledgeable about many aspects of using a
computer, but programming, sadly, is not one of them. I took Java in
college, but I wasn't very good at it.

I seem to keep running into situations where I wish I could code, either to
edit existing programs or create something new. I'd really, really like to
give programming another try. What would you recommend for a beginner who
wants to learn something simple - simpler than Java, I mean - yet usable?
Search results seem to suggest either Python or Ruby.

Justin Smith
Vice chair/secretary, WPLUG Board of Directors
http://www.wplug.com