[wplug] New FOSS Gmail alternative - now funded!

Justin Smith justin at js-wordsmith.com
Wed Aug 21 08:49:34 EDT 2013

I think so - at least with the Alpha version that they plan to release in
January. It will be just like using a desktop client like Thunderbird.

The final release of Mailpile will also be an email server in addition to a
webmail client, so instead of setting up components separately, like
Postfix+Dovecot+Roundcube, you'll just install Mailpile and have everything
ready to go all at once.

--
*Justin S. Smith*
Vice chair/secretary, WPLUG Board of Directors

/"Isn't it ironic that the proprietary software developers call us
communists? We are the ones who have provided for a free market, where
they allow only monopoly."/
-Richard Stallman

Can you use your existing Gmail account with Mailpile?

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Justin Smith <justin at js-
Not too long ago, I sent out an announcement about Mailpile, an
opensource webmail program made to compete with the likes of Gmail
andOutlook.com in terms of features and elegance. Well, as of today, it's
beenfully funded!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mailpile-taking-e-mail-back/x/4051643[1]
[3]
mailpile.is[4][2].

--*Justin S. Smith*Vice chair/secretary, WPLUG Board of Directors

http://www.wplug.org[1][3]

--------[1] http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mailpile-taking-e-mail-back/x/4051643[5]
http://www.mailpile.is[6]
http://www.wplug.org[1]