[wplug] VPS recommendation

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Aug 9 02:05:03 EDT 2013

I wouldn't call this a recommendation per se since I haven't used
them, but I've heard DigitalOcean mentioned as a lower-cost
alternative to Linode <https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing>.

When I first heard about them, I dismissed them because they were
offering "unlimited network transfer" which is a hollow lie for
any form of hosting.  They've now defined their transfer limits
and have managed to stay in business, plus have new funding
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/07/digitalocean_cloud_funding/>.

So they at least are out of the "fly-by-night" category in my
mind, even if they haven't made the "stable and reliable" category
yet.  Check out some reviews to see what other people think.