[wplug] VPS recommendation

George Larson george.g.larson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 09:34:08 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Justin Smith <justin at js-wordsmith.com>wrote:

> Anyhow, all of this is nothing but wishful thinking unless I've got
> somewhere to put it up. What would you recommend for a reasonably-priced
> VPS? I know we use Linode for the server, but I'm curious to see if any of
> you have any better recommendations. I've already got a spare domain name
> that I could use.

Can't be sure I would say *better* but SDF.org's MetaARPA membership offers
VPS and, if I correctly recall, it's an investment of about $36 per year.
[  http://sdf.org/?tutorials  ]

I'm interested, btw, in your social networking efforts.  Same time, I feel
that these things go by mob-rule.  Something like Diaspora seems great for
staying in touch with fellow geeks.  However, if I want to find my
non-technical friends, they will be on FB (with a slow trickle toward
Google+).  And, as those friends tell me, I will find them on FB because
that is where their other friends are, in one big Ouroborus of popularity.
(8