[wplug] rsync exclude syntax

Arnaud lists at arnaudloos.com
Fri Apr 5 23:29:59 EDT 2013

Could someone help me refine the syntax of my rsync command.

rsync -a --delete --exclude "Backups.backupdb" --exclude ".HFS+\ Private\
Directory\ Data$'\r'" <source> <destination> &

I've tried with both single and double quotes around my excludes to no
avail.

When I look at the background job it shows
rsync -a --delete --exclude "Backups.backupdb" --exclude  <source>

That second directory is named .HFS+ Private Directory Data? (the question
mark is part of the dir name). I got the $'\r' parameter by tab completing
in bash so I assume it's correct.

So basically I need to figure out how to correctly pass the .HFS+ directory
to the exclude parameter.

Any thoughts? Thanks.