[wplug] Check out my photos on Facebook

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Wed Jun 27 07:43:30 EDT 2012

On , Zachary Uram said:
> I set up a Facebook profile where I can post my pictures, videos and
> events and I want to add you as a friend so you can see it. First,
> you need to join Facebook! Once you join, you can also create your
> own profile.

WHY?  Why do you keep doing this?  Why do you keep giving Facebook
(and every other social media site) access to your contact list?  You
realize you're giving them not only your private information, but the
name and email for EVERYONE WHO HAS POSTED TO THIS LIST?  Every time I
get one of these, I have to go to the site and figure out a way to
keep it from spamming me in the future.  Of course, I've *told*
facebook to block invites from you, but I guess that doesn't last
forever.  Plus, I got two copies of this spam, one to my personal
account and one to wplug at wplug.org.

Please, stop doing this!  This isn't the first time you've done this.

Perhaps we need to tell the wplug mailing list software to block
messages from the facebookmail.com domain?