[wplug] rsync & Apple Timecapsule

Dave Sevick dave at davesevick.com
Sun Jul 29 14:03:53 EDT 2012

Phil,

There are two ways to use the Time Capsule.

1.  As a repository for the Time Machine files:
http://www.apple.com/support/timemachine/

That folder is names backups.backupdb locally when running to a connected USB or Firewire drive.

That file is a  .sparsebundle  compressed image file when executed over Ethernet.

2.  As a network volume data disk for the random drag-drop of files based on free disk space available.

Mac/PC/Linux folks can access that volume via normal Apple file sharing protocols.

This site may be helpful:
http://techsupport.foreverwarm.com/time-capsule-windows

Dave