[wplug] [OT] ISP recommendation

David J. Pryke david-wplug at pryke.us
Mon Jul 23 14:29:43 EDT 2012

On 7/23/2012 12:22 PM, Janos Dohanics wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I'm looking for an ISP for a business located in downtown PGH - basic
> high-speed connection, preferably with a static IP.
>
> Any recommendations?

It depends on what you are seeking.

Are you seeking something that costs less than $100/month? (Practically
consumer grade, but some of those are high enough quality these days to not
make a difference to a small business)

Are you looking for something more "business grade" in the roughly
$500/month price range?

Or are you seeking "best of breed" fiber optic connection that will not
limit you in any way, and are willing to spend $1500 to $5000+/month on it?

Depending on the answer, you could look for Verizon FIOS, Comcast Business,
Full Service Network, Expedient, DQE Communications . . . there are a
variety of options in various price ranges among those providers.

--
Thanks,
David J. Pryke