[wplug] Thoughts on SOPA and PIPA

Zachary Uram netrek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 11:56:44 EST 2012

Yes and the thing to keep in mind in terms of due process rights and
SOPA is that there need not be ANY corroborating evidence that a
rights holder has a *legitimate* claim that there is due cause, they
only need to make the *accusation*. This is un-American, totally
arbitrary and illegal. Did our forefathers fight so dearly for our
rights so that greedy media companies can take them away without ANY
proof. And they are hypocrites too because media companies can be
directly linked to aggressive port scanning, unauthorized packet
inspection, malware and and other means they employ to illegally
invade the network and/or computers of Internet users. I've read cases
of old Grammas being hauled in to court and sued for $50,000 PER SONG
because a media company found illegally downloaded heavy metal music
on her computer. She had no idea it was even there, obviously someone
gained access to her computer illegally and was using it as a host for
their warez. But she was held responsible. This is outrageous. There
are countless other examples out there. And sadly this illegal and
unconstitutional behavior on the part of the media companies has gone
on for years all with the blessing from our courts. These companies
also are not very bright because they have alienated nearly their
entire customer base by treating them like hardened potential
criminals. Not a very good business model.

--
Zach
http://www.fidei.org