[wplug] Pittsburgh Zoo

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynneicher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 11:28:53 EST 2012

I copied some points from the February Pittsburgh Zoo newsletter that
I thought some of you might enjoy. If I am in town, I think I might
like to see the "Penguins on Parade"

------------

Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium Z-Mail Newsletter February
Penguins on Parade

Saturdays and Sundays
February and March
Noon
PPG Aquarium

You might have seen video of our penguins on parade outside of PPG
Aquarium, now you can see them in person. Our kings, gentoos, and
macaronis are going to march their way around the outside of PPG
Aquarium every Saturday and Sunday in February and March!

Take advantage of our reduced winter admission rates and join in the
fun. If you are a Zoo Member, renew your Membership before April 1 and
save $5.

Our penguin parade schedule is subject to change, so please call ahead
412-665-3640.
Download February's Calendar
Click on the photo to download February's feature animal: arapaima.

The arapaima is an ancient fish native to South America and is one of
the largest freshwater fishes in the world. Growing to 6-feet long and
weighing more than 200 pounds, they have been known to jump out of the
water into trees to catch birds.

Need a "Wild" Job?

Zoo Job Fair
Saturday, January 28
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Psst...you!  Looking for a great seasonal job? Then check out the
Zoo's annual job fair on Saturday, January 28. Positions are available
in grounds, Kids Kingdom, visitor services, and food and gift service.
Learn more.