[wplug] Ubuntu Update Problem

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sun Jan 15 15:38:10 EST 2012

"Weber, Lawrence A" <Lawrence.Weber at ansaldo-sts.us> wrote:
> I ran into a problem that I have seen on other systems.  The Package
> Update Manager throws an error saying:
> GPG error: r (repo name, etc.)  signature couldn't be verified
> because the public key is not available.  NO_PUBKEYbunch of numbers.

You need to download/update the signing keys used for these
packages.  The short version:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys [id]

If the errors are from non-Ubuntu repositories, you'll probably
need to look elsewhere for the keys.  More explanation at
<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1221323>.