[wplug] Third party smtp services?

eg eternallygeek at gmx.com
Mon Dec 3 09:51:40 EST 2012

Hello there wpluggers!

I have been having problems lately sending emails from my home PC via my
domain's mail server.  The host is telling me that the emails are
refused because the mail server ip, which is shared (shared hosting),
ends up in blacklists.  So they suggested that I use the smtp server of
my ISP.  I don't think I am able to do that because I get internet
service through my apartment complex, they get it in bulk through
Comcast I think.  So I have no account info to use their smtp if they
had one.

So I was thinking that there has to be some providers out there that
provide smtp access.  I have done an intial websearch and see that
Google has something and even a service called SMTP2GO.  But I am very
uncertain about either of those.

Anyone with any experience of or know of third party smtp services?

Thanks,
Craig