[wplug] Follow-up to today's presentation

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Sun Apr 15 00:17:54 EDT 2012

Thanks to everyone who came out to the presentation today!

I promised that I would follow up with some information to the mailing
list about setting up bridged networking for use with KVM.  Here's one
procedure written for Fedora 16:

http://fedorasolved.org/Members/kc8hfi/qemu-kvm-bridged-networking

Here's another that was written for Fedora 12, but might be a bit
clearer and is still mostly valid:

http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Networking#Fedora.2FRHEL_Bridging

Between these two, you should have a good idea of how to set things up.
It's one of those things where (in the spirit Perl's motto), "There's
more than one way to do it".  ;-)

I've posted the slides from today's presentation on the meeting page on
the WPLUG wiki:

http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20120414

Cheers,
--Pat.