[wplug] Ohio LinuxFest carpooling, Saturday only

Dave Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 17:54:29 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Sadly, I've discovered that due to a lack of funds, I can't go to OLF this
year, even for just a single day. I couldn't find a carpool to join, either.

So unless I hear from an angel rider or something, this will be the first
Ohio LinuxFest I've ever missed, after attending every single one since
2003. I'm thoroughly bummed out, but that's the way things go.

Everyone, especially Beth Lynn and Vance, sorry I couldn't make it work.
I'll try again next year.

Take care and have fun,
-- Dave Ostroske
On Sep 5, 2011 2:07 AM, "Greg Simkins" <gregsimkins at me.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Bob McFarland and I are driving out Friday afternoon. I didn't answer your
post because you could not leave until Saturday morning.

> Greg
>

> On Sep 4, 2011, at 8:31 PM, Dave Ostroske wrote:
>
>> Is anyone on the mailing list going to Ohio LinuxFest? Please chime in!
>>
>> -- Dave Ostroske
>>
>> On Sep 1, 2011 9:46 PM, "Dave Ostroske" <eksortso at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Well folks, I'm going to Ohio LinuxFest this year, but only if I can
either
>> > join a carpool or start a carpool. I'd leave Saturday morning, I'd
split gas
>> > money, and I'd return late Saturday night. Plus, if possible, I'd share
the
>> > driving duties if the owner of the car wouldn't mind. I know I wouldn't
mind
>> > someone else driving my vehicle, but I wouldn't insist that my
passengers
>> > drive.
>> >
>> > So then, who's interested in taking up this offer? Who all's up for a
>> > one-day round trip on Saturday from Pittsburgh to Columbus and back?
Feel