[wplug] [wplug-announce] November 12th meeting

Terence J. Golightly terencejgolightly at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 21:39:03 EDT 2011

Members:

Wplug is pleased to announce that Don Vosburg will be our guest speaker
for our Saturday November 12th meeting at Wilkins School Community
Center.  This month we will be in the Trevanion Room. Unfortunately it
does not have accessible ready entry.

Doors will open at 1:30pm for setup and the meeting will begin at 2pm
sharp..  First we will hold our election for members of next years
board.  Then Don will get up and present:

openSUSE - Have a Lot of Fun!

You can have a lot of fun!   openSUSE is a flexible, powerful and FREE
operating system you can enjoy.  Together we can discover:
- Flavors of openSUSE - stable, development, evergreen and Tumbleweed
- Refined interface of your choice:  KDE, GNOME, LXDE, XFCE, or command
line!
- Ways to get started or customize - SUSE Studio
- Applications galore - using the openSUSE Build Service
- Community support - the wiki, forums, and specialized communities

The newest release debuts on 11/16/2011 - but you will have the ability
to get it early!

Bring your own laptop, and try it out from a live boot.  Come with an
open mind and have a lot of fun!

So we hope to see you there at WSCC!  Members: remember to get your
ballot in or make sure you have one ready to present at the meeting!

Relevant Links:

http://www.opensuse.org/en/

Wilkins School Community Center:

http://www.wsccpgh.org/