[wplug] Ubuntu on Dell Mini 9 (Inspiron 910)

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Thu Oct 27 21:39:46 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I have done a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 on a Dell Mini 9. Unfortunately,
a warning raised shortly after login that a disk if failing. Actually, the
problem is that the SSD is being used "outside design parameters". I have
followed various instructions found on forums and Wiki articles regarding
such an install, but I cannot get the warning to stop.

Does anyone have experience with this hardware and a Ubuntu install?

Thanks,
Dave