[wplug] Laptop memory

Martin James Gehrke martin at teamgehrke.com
Mon Oct 17 17:11:23 EDT 2011

Well it seems that my trusty old dell laptop just doesn't have the memory to
deal with Ubuntu 11.10. I knew the ole girl was getting slow. Every 6 months
I would load up the latest Ubuntu release and things would just take a
little bit longer. I don't hold it against her, I knew it was a lot asking
her to run Gnome Shell and a kernel that didn't start with two.

I dug through all my dead laptops (of which I have more than 2 and less than
10), but none had the right DIMM.
Perchance someone here has a 200-pin DDR SODIMM (PC2100 266 MHz) that would
be willing to donate or sell.