[wplug] Raspberry Pi bulk order.

Nicholas A. Schembri nschembr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 10:58:12 EDT 2011

I'm getting warmed up to buy a few of the Raspberry Pi model B.  The link to
a picture of the alpha board is listed below.

The price will be about $35.00.  I will have a full kit price as we get
closer.

The kit:

SDHC flash

Wall wart

3 Ft HDMI CABLE

HDMI to DVI ADAPTER

I will be placing a bulk order.  Get back to me if you want to order a few.

Nick Schembri

Note: Model A will sell for about $25.00. Model b
http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/DSCF1808.jpg

The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK registered charity (Registration Number
1129409) which exists to promote the study of computer science and related
topics, especially at school level, and to put the fun back into learning
computing.

We plan to develop, manufacture and distribute an ultra-low-cost computer,
for use in teaching computer programming to children. We expect this
computer to have many other applications both in the developed and the
developing world.

Our first product is about the size of a credit card, and is designed to
plug into a TV or be combined with a touch screen for a low cost tablet. The
expected price is $25 for a fully-configured system.

Provisional specification

   - 700MHz ARM11
   - 128MB or 256MB of SDRAM
   - OpenGL ES 2.0
   - 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
   - Composite and HDMI video output
   - USB 2.0
   - SD/MMC/SDIO memory card slot
   - General-purpose I/O
   - Optional integrated 2-port USB hub and 10/100 Ethernet controller
   - Open software (Ubuntu, Iceweasel, KOffice, Python)

How would you use an ultra-low-cost computer? Do you have open-source
educational software we can use? Contact us at info at raspberrypi.org.