[wplug] Many thanks to our Linux volunteers at ComputeReach, Judith Galardi and Nicholas Schembri

Dave Sevick sevick at computereach.com
Fri Nov 18 20:31:50 EST 2011

Dear WPLUG list,

I wanted to take a moment to thank a few members of the WPLUG for the delivery and setup of 25 Apple eMac G4 workstations at a local Pittsburgh Head Start Program.  260 kids ages 3-4-5.

Judith Galardi and Nicholas Schembri helped deliver and setup all the computers with our team and another 30+ volunteer dads at the Rochelle School in Knoxville .... very close to Mount Oliver.

The school is run by an American Indian organization:

Rochelle -11-16-11 ComputeReach at the COUNCIL OF THREE RIVERS AMERICAN INDIAN CENTER, Inc

http://youtu.be/ZYeIX0FRJ-M?hd=1

Just a reminder that we do plan to launch a Linux distribution of computers running Edubuntu 10.04.3 on P4 1.7 to 2.2 MHz workstations locally in Western PA and worldwide in the next few months.

If anyone is interested please contact me for this charity cause of getting more recycled computers into people hands.

Dave

Dave  Sevick
ComputeReach, humanitarian computer outreach
http://computereach.com
724-779-0099
sevick at computereach.com