[wplug] VM Server setup

Eli Heady eli.heady at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 14:11:49 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Adam Bright <brightam1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to virtualize all of my desktops at home.  Looking for anyone who
> wants to help or has suggestions.
> The ideal functionality:
>
>   - Access any VM from any client
>   - mirror laptop client view on HD TV connected to Tower1
>   - VMs get access to all/most peripherals connected to clients
>   - VMs get access to graphics card on host (Tower1)

Your plan looks like a lot of fun! I'm not sure about the last two
items - do you mean shared access? I believe concurrent use of
physical devices (VT-d/IOMMU, 'pci passthrough') is not possible in
VirtualBox, Xen, KVM of VMware.

Please share your questions and progress, I'm sure a lot of the list
will be interested in helping.

-eli