[wplug] Android Phones

Joseph Prostko joe.prostko+wplug at gmail.com
Thu May 26 00:48:48 EDT 2011

I'm using a T-Mobile G2x made by LG.  Lots of the CyanogenMod people
(including Steve Kondik (aka Cyanogen)...of Pittsburgh) bought the
same phone.  Team Whiskey and other ROM groups are showing their
support as well.  I'm running a custom Gingerbread ROM called
EagleBlood, but will likely go to CyanogenMOD once it stabilizes on
the phone.

I'd avoid the newer HTC phones, seeing as they are locking down the
bootloaders. There has been a huge outrage on HTC's  Facebook page due
to all of the bootloader shenanigans.  That said, they said that they
are considering reversing their decision due to the backlash, so maybe
they'll be better in the future?

I'd recommend LG or Samsung, seeing as they tend to keep things open.
I heard rumors of Samsung locking things down, but am not sure what
the latest is in that realm.

- joe