[wplug] Unity

Weber, Lawrence A Lawrence.Weber at ansaldo-sts.us
Wed May 25 07:12:01 EDT 2011

Loaded Fedora 15 yesterday and had my first experience with Gnome 3.  After working with Unity for three weeks, Gnome 3 is an easier step from the classic desktop.  It blends the old menu structure into the launcher bar environment.  This gives me a choice to hunt through all apps alphabetically or use the menu to limit the choices to a logical group.  I miss having shortcuts to apps on the top menu bar.  I need to see if the bar can be modified.

I found Unity less organized and less stable.  I loaded and reloaded it from several sources onto a couple of PCs and found it to be unstable.  Some features would work one day but not the next.