[wplug] Unbuntu + Floppy?

L. A. Weber laweber at verizon.net
Sat May 21 18:36:08 EDT 2011

I tried changing the drive and the fact that it works with the live CD tells
me the hardware is o.k.

Later on Friday I installed Fedora 14 from a live CD.  It also would not
mount the floppy.  However in this case the floppy (fd and fd0) are not in
the /dev directory so this might be a different situation.  With Ubuntu the
devices are in /dev.

When I get back to work on Monday, I will try a DVD installation of Fedoara
14.

By the way, what are the member's opinion of Unity?