[wplug] Ubuntu - Video fails on boot.

Patrick Weber paw160 at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 20:09:46 EDT 2011

Can you change the runlevel from the grub menu to boot to a terminal?  From there you can at least see what driver is installed. Can you ssh in?

I recently installed Ubuntu on an ati video chipset and had some problems with the default radeon driver. The driver provided by amd (fglrx) works better for me.  There is a Ubuntu wiki on the amd support site to aid installation.

-Pat