[wplug] Ubuntu - Video fails on boot.

L. A. Weber laweber at verizon.net
Mon May 9 19:02:55 EDT 2011

This is an add on video card, the motherboard does not have video chips.

I first tried the install using the desktop version and then the server
version.  Both did the same thing.

As I said 10.x did this to me on old Compaq PCs with only onboard video a
year ago.  It also occured with Fedora 13, and 14.  I changed PC's and
scraped the Compaq's.

I find this so odd, as in the past it seemed that Linux was missing drivers
for new equipment but supported 3 and 4 year old equipment.

Even if I have to add a driver, I don't know if that can be done if I can't
boot up.