[wplug] [wplug-announce] The Open Pitt needs you!

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Sun May 8 02:05:35 EDT 2011

The Open Pitt is the newsletter of the Western Pennsylvania Linux
Users Group.  As you can see by visiting the archives
<http://www.wplug.org/top/>, it has been published on a very
sporadic basis for the past couple of years.

We need authors to contribute articles to get us publishing
regularly again.  I know lots of you out there have something to
say.  With all the blogs, forums, and other outlets available, why
would you choose to write for The Open Pitt?

* Your article will be sent out to the community of ~500 WPLUG
  listmembers.  Unlike a blog, you won't have to wait for viewers
  to discover your article.

* We will provide skilled editing of your writing.  This should be
  of special interest to those with good ideas, but who may lack
  confidence in their ability to express them.  We'll help you
  convey what you want to say in clear language.  Note that we
  will never change your words without your consent.

* You will help WPLUG generate local interest on topics related to
  Free and Open Source software, making the organization stronger.

* Your articles will be permanently hosted on the WPLUG web site
  in PDF and plain text formats for future reference and indexing
  by search engines.

* You will retain copyright in the material you provide.  WPLUG
  and others will have a license to use and duplicate your article
  under a simple attribution, no derivatives license.  You are
  free to republish your article wherever else you like.

In addition, we can use volunteers to serve on the WPLUG
newsletter committee.  The help you can provide as part of this
committee includes contributing articles, performing editing and
layout of the newsletter, and helping distribute print copies to
places where they are likely to generate interest.

Please contact <top at wplug.org> if you are willing to help us.
Thanks!