[wplug] FiOS questions

Mark Griskey mark at linuxhardware.net
Fri Jun 17 14:34:56 EDT 2011

> Also what is Verizon's attitude towards bittorenting? Would this be
> blocked and would I then need a router that does port forwarding?

I've had Fios for several years now (since 2006 iirc), and never had an
issue with bittorrent. The last time I used bittorrent was yesterday.

That aside, I've never had any problems.  The only outage I've had was
due to a thunderstorm ripping the line out of the house last fall.  They
fixed it within a day, but that didn't matter, my power was out for three.

I also have their phone service over FIOS, I read some of the comments
here, but in reality, I think is waning in importance. Telephoning is so
1880s.  We have family all over the country and prefer to video chat
over using the phone.  We maybe use the landline twice a month.  I hate
the phone, it seems so clunky anymore.

My only complaint is that they refused to remove the copper from the
pole to my house. But now that is a moot point since the storm ripped
that out too.