[wplug] FiOS questions

Rod Person rodperson at rodperson.com
Fri Jun 17 11:03:00 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Does anyone here run Verizon FiOS? If so do you have a positive or

I have a 35/35 Fios Plan. I run Apache and ssh. I'd assume you can do the rest.
I run FreeBSD, if that matters to you.

You have to use their router because all the TVs connect to the main DVR (if you get DVR).
I tried a few time to use my own router in front of the Fios one but I could
not get this to work. The wireless router they give you has 4 LAN ports and
1 WAN port.

The Fees and Taxes are the standard PA and municipal taxes you pay on these
types of things. It took 3 days from order for mine to be installed.

I really like Fios and have had no problems what so ever in the 2 years I've
had it. I switched from Comcast because they limited me to 250GB downloads
and I was getting close to that.

--
Rod

evildoctorclownius: speaking of hidden, i saw my first black bear the other day. it was in my "back yard" eating early blackberries. it looked ri

jonbenet mellencamp: why oh why do you find it necessary to call attention to the color of both bear and berries?