[wplug] Wplug PXE server

Terence J. Golightly vze27hs6 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 16 22:45:05 EDT 2011

Hi Moshe,

Thanks for responding.  It looks nice. The website states that Debian
and Ubuntu support are at 90%.  Has there been updates to this status?
It does sound very promising.

On 06/16/2011 02:30 PM, Moshe Hyzon wrote:
> Take a look at cobbler:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/
>
> Hosts Red Hat/Fedora and derivatives
>
> also Debian/Ubuntu and SUSE derivatives.

I havn't used an rpm based distro since Mandrake in early 2006.  I'm not
anti rpm based distro.  I just need something that can deliver an
install to a new user without hiccups.

> It is SUUUUPER slick.  Can also host stuff like memtest86+, DBAN, even
> *erp* windows if you are sneaky.

I was thinking about clonezilla and gparted for starters.  Could become
a Swiss Army knife of pxe servers:)

> I actually work with one of the main devs on the project.
>
> Moshe

Nice.  What does he/she say concerning Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Arch support?

Terry