[wplug] Hardware RAID tuning

Matthew Zwier mczwier at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 14:34:34 EDT 2011

Hi Martin,

Full backup using xfsdump.  I've tried it over the (gigabit) network
(via SSH, into a file on a remote server) and also straight into
/dev/null; numbers are identical.  The drop in throughput appears to
be due to writes to another array on the same HBA channel, but that's
been hard to isolate.

Our controllers don't support RAID6, so RAID5 is the best I can do
with what I have.  No IOZone benchmarks, since I haven't had any
trouble with performance until now.  Controller cache size is 256 MB.
Connection is 3Gbps over a 4X cable.

MZ