[wplug] Emulators

John Lewis oflameo1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 23:31:15 EDT 2011

Zachary Uram, you have changed my mind. If the video game console
emulator community are the best preservationist of the games then it
could have a net positive effect. Otherwise, the games probably would
have been forgotten long before the copyright would expire, and people
having exposure to the old game would help them make better new games.
I have forgotten about games I still own, aka have licenses to. Mame users may actually have extra insulation against lawsuits due to the noncommercial clause in the license, I'm not sure because I still have trouble understanding what exactly noncommercial means. I think I am going to double check if I could use my physical game consoles for commercial use without getting some special license.