[wplug] DVD Recovery?

Drew from Zhrodague drewzhrodague at zhrodague.net
Tue Feb 22 19:37:11 EST 2011

On 2/22/11 6:36 PM, C L wrote:
> My wife has some dvds that she burned photos to, using Windows, and
> unsure of how they were burned (format, speed, etc).  A good number of
> these DVDs are now unreadable by any of our Windows systems.
>
> So I toss them in my linux box and no luck there either.  I tried
> mounting and/or letting them automount and nothing.  Like the disks are
> blank.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how we might recover data from these?
>
> Are there services that do this recovery?

	I have a similar problem with DVDs that lack a proper finalizing
procedure -- no remote for this DVD video recorder. I was unsuccessful
in figuring out how to finalize video from this machine with Linux tools.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.pghwireless.net