[wplug] hackable Linux touchscreen on sale at Best Buy

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Fri Feb 11 11:51:15 EST 2011

My apologies if this is off-topic.

Best Buy is selling the 8" Insignia Infocast for $80.  It's a 800 MHz
ARM device with an 8" touchscreen and WiFi, running Linux, and seems
very hackable.  Out of the box you can use it to run any of the Chumby
apps, plus display photos from memory cards.

See here for a review:

See here for lots of information from Andrew "bunnie" Huang, one of
the designers, about hacking it:
    http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=1140

Disclaimer: I just bought one but haven't started hacking it yet.
(And I have no affiliation with Best Buy, etc.)