[wplug] Two-factor authentication systems on Linux

Grant Olson kgo at grant-olson.net
Wed Feb 2 17:33:42 EST 2011

On 02/02/2011 04:51 PM, Grant Olson wrote:
> I've been using an OpenPGP card for ssh authentication on all my systems
> for a while now.

Oh yeah, there's one thing that's probably worth noting here.  This
setup only requires client-side configuration where you use gpg-agent as
a drop in replacement for ssh-agent.  As far as the server is concerned,
you've just got another entry in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys.  No pam modules
to install or anything like that.  So you can use it with systems you
don't have admin rights on, like say github or various work machines.

--
-Grant

"Look around! Can you construct some sort of rudimentary lathe?"