[wplug] Two-factor authentication systems on Linux

Pat Barron pat at tiderium.com
Wed Feb 2 09:19:38 EST 2011

Can anyone speak to the topic of what two-factor authentication systems
might be available on any current Linux distributions?  In particular,
I've been looking lately for ways to get S/Key working on Debian and
Fedora, and I can't seem to find any packages that would enable them.
Also interested in other two-factor authentication schemes as well (my
personal favorite is the good old Securenet Key, but as far as I know,
those aren't manufactured anymore...).

I know about YubiKey, but I'm less interested in that since it requires
that you plug a physical piece of hardware into the machine you're
working with.

My interest has been sparked by messing around with various "software
token" authentication tools on Android, trying to see if I can leverage
something like that on some of my Linux systems.

Thanks,
--Pat.